June 17, 2014 at 10:11 AM
The Red Sox and first-round selection Michael Chavis agreed to terms on a deal worth $1,870,500, according to multiple reports citing industry sources.
The deal was first reported by Ryan Hannable of InsidetheBattersBox.net and was confirmed by Alex Speier of WEEI.com. According to both the deal is pending a physical.
Chavis, 18, out of Sprayberry High School in Ga., is reported to have signed right at slot level. Chavis is a shortstop by trade, although there are murmurings he may move off the position, and was selected by the Red Sox with the 26th overall selection. Chavis hit .580 with 13 home runs, 9 doubles, and 10 steals in 28 high school games.
Below is an updated list of reported signings and signing bonuses, where available.
1. Michael Chavis, SS - $1,870,500 (slot: $1,870,500)
1. Michael Kopech, RHP - $1,500,000 (slot: $1,678,000)
2. Sam Travis, 1B - $846,800 (slot: $846,800)
5. Josh Ockimey, 1B - $450,000 (slot: $282,800)
13. Chandler Shepherd, RHP
15. Trenton Kemp, CF - $250,000 ($150,000 counts against cap)
18. Jordan Betts, 3B
19. Tyler Hill, CF - $100,000
Photo Credit: Michael Chavis from Perfectgame.org.