July 3, 2012 at 11:29 PM
We're looking for a volunteer Editor to join the SoxProspects.com staff through at least December 2012. In general, the position will entail editing Cup-of-Coffee posts, news blurbs, and occasional feature columns on SoxProspects News. There is also an opportunity to learn (or hone) some basic web editing skills from the ground up, possibly to help create and/or edit SoxProspects player pages.
We're looking for an editor to chip in for roughly 2-5 hours per week during the season, and probably about 1-2 hours per week during the off-season. There are already a few other editors on the team, but we need at least one more to provide additional coverage. This is a nice opportunity for an aspiring editor to gain some experience and exposure in the field. Moreover, editing is a great way to improve one's own writing skills.
- Top-notch editing skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Basic Word skills, including hyper-linking and adding images
- Close familiarity with SoxProspects.com and the Red Sox minor league system
- Familiarity with AP style is strongly preferred
- College-level academic writing/journalism coursework strongly preferred
- Elementary web editing skills (such as Microsoft FrontPage) would be a plus
- Professional attitude and demeanor
- Looking for a six-month commitment through at least December 2012
- Close proximity to one of Boston's minor league affiliates is preferred, but not required
- Age 18+
This is an unpaid volunteer position, as are all the positions on the SoxProspects staff. That being said, we still expect all applications to be professional. If you're interested in signing up, shoot Executive Editor Chris Hatfield an e-mail at email@example.com by 2:00 pm ET on July 13, 2012. Please provide a basic run-down of your skills and experience with respect to the requirements outlined above. A resume is not required, but it can't hurt either. We look forward to hearing from you! We hope to make some decisions by the end of the month.